Monday, July 10, 2006

TV vs Film

Please update your links to my new blog at www.the-frame.com/blog.

Mark posted briefly a few days ago about finding TV more compelling than movies lately.  I don't know whether I agree or not, but it something I've thought about (especially as a film buff who only a few years overcame a prejudiced and condescending view of television), and his post made the wheels of my mind start turning on the subject again.

I tried to come up with a cohesive essay-type thing with a thesis and everything, but it didn't work...it's too large a topic with too many variables and exceptions to deal with so quickly and with so little thought.  So here's just some observations.  Make of them what you will.

read the rest of the post here

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ever read anything by Michael Phillips and Judith Pella?

7:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

No, I haven't. Should I add them to my ever-growing list?

6:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes! Very good books. My favorite is "The Crown and the Crucible."

They write historical, Christian fiction romance--which just sounds really dorky and I'm not a huge fan of most of those kinds of books because, well, the story line usually drags. However, most of the books these authors have written are very well done. The C & C is the first of a 7 book series about Russians set back in 1880's (ish-?).

The local county library has the whole series.

6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home