Monday, February 27, 2006

American Idol...

Speaking of the removal of the high-low distinction in art...

Figured I should put my American Idol predictions in here before any more of it airs, so if I'm right, it will be on record from pretty much the beginning. (I swear, I picked Carrie Underwood out of the auditions. But it's not written down anywhere, so I can't prove it.)

Based purely on the auditions, my pick this year would be Paris Bennett. And she's still a definite top three contender. But after the first set of performances, I'm leaning towards Lisa Tucker. She really wowed me. I think Katherine McPhee has the best natural singing voice of all of them, but I don't think she's going to be able to sell the songs like Lisa can. On the boys' side, I dunno. There are four or five guys I think can go right to the end, but when it comes down to it, I think Lisa's better than all of them.

So there it is. My prediction. Lisa Tucker for American Idol 2006. (Even though I probably wouldn't buy her record, because she's not my style of music...I'd be much more likely to buy Katharine's or David Radford's--who I know won't make it too much further; he's on borrowed time already.)

There. My American Idol addiction is outed. I can't wait until tomorrow night. I've avoided watching it at all for four years, and now, it's hitting hard, man.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know - tonight was kind of dodgy for all the girls. I couldn't believe how bad they all pretty much stunk up the joint. Part of my feeling about it is that with regards to song choice, a lot of these people are too young to know that the songs they have chosen are cheesy. And I also am pretty mystified, personally, by the popularity of Nashville country, and so I'm probably just too biased to appreciate most of the songs tonight.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Tonight felt sophomoric. Like, last week, they were working out the kinks, but there were a few "wow" performances that snuck through the overall nervousness. No "wow"s this week, because most of them were playing it too safe, and ended up just being totally unmemorable. Which is sort of how I felt about the guys least week, so it'll be interesting to see what they do tomorrow.

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home